By Tom Fenchel,Henry Blackburn,Gary M. King
- Provides up to date assurance with an enlarged scope, a brand new old standpoint, and insurance in better intensity of subject matters of particular interest
- Covers interactions among microbial procedures, atmospheric composition and the earth's greenhouse properties
- Completely rewritten to include the entire advances and discoveries of the final twenty years reminiscent of functions within the exploration for ore deposits and oil and in remediation of environmental pollution
Read or Download Bacterial Biogeochemistry: The Ecophysiology of Mineral Cycling PDF
Best microbiology books
Thoroughly revised and up to date, the hot version of this groundbreaking textual content integrates simple virology with pathophysiological stipulations to envision the relationship among virology and human affliction. such a lot virology textbooks concentrate on the molecular biology concerned with out sufficient connection with body structure.
This booklet comprises an intensive selection of serious studies, from major researchers within the box of regulated protein degradation. It covers the function of regulated proteolysis in more than a few microorganisms (from Gram optimistic, Gram unfavourable and pathogenic micro organism to Archaea and the Baker’s yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae).
The current booklet discusses intimately the character and bioactive houses of lichen secondary metabolites. Their healing power levels from antibiotic to antioxidant and from anticarcinogenic to antiviral task. It extra discusses their use in conventional medication and highlights attainable destiny instructions within the examine in their pharmaceutical capability.
This publication is a compilation of specific and most modern wisdom at the numerous different types of environmental pollution published from numerous common in addition to anthropogenic resources, their toxicological results in environments, people, animals and vegetation in addition to quite a few bioremediation ways for his or her secure disposal into the environments.
- Emerging Foodborne Pathogens (Woodhead Publishing Series in Food Science, Technology and Nutrition)
- Microbiological Examination Methods of Food and Water: A Laboratory Manual
- Endospore-forming Soil Bacteria: 27 (Soil Biology)
- Bacteriophages: Biology and Applications
- Handbook of Media for Clinical Microbiology
Additional resources for Bacterial Biogeochemistry: The Ecophysiology of Mineral Cycling