By Sandra B., EdD, RN, FAAN Lewenson,Eleanor Krohn, EdD, RN, FAAN Herrmann
Winner of the 2008 AJN publication of the 12 months Award!
Named a very good educational identify for 2008 byChoice!
"This good written and good edited booklet fills a special gap....[one of the] invaluable few [books] that concentrate on technology or medication and [one of] even fewer that conceal the historical past of nursing."(Three Stars)--Doody's ebook assessment Service
While there were many examine texts within the nursing literature, and nursing heritage is either taught in classes and of renowned curiosity to practising nurses, there has never been a hands-on textual content that describes the method of doing ancient study in nursing. This ebook, contributed through famous and revered nurse historians, presents the mandatory path, counsel, and examples had to behavior old examine. It covers such issues as historiography, biographical learn, utilizing artifacts in ancient learn, doing archival and different info searches, doing overseas ancient learn, and finding investment resources for historic learn. Case stories can be used all through to demonstrate a number of tools and describe how, why, whilst, and the place old examine is utilized in nursing.
Features of this edition:
- Provides course and instruments for undertaking old research
- Describes sorts of study, together with biographical and oral histories
- Covers frameworks used to check historic occasions, similar to social, political, feminist, highbrow, and cultural
- Addresses modern matters similar to keeping and storing digitalized and tape-recorded information and acquiring institutional evaluation board (IRB) popularity of learn, and addressing moral and felony concerns in historic research
- Includes case stories that offer a "how-to" consultant to carrying out research
Read Online or Download Capturing Nursing History: A Guide to Historical Methods in Research PDF
Similar medical research books
Targeting the explanation for the analyses, the problems posed through their interpretation, simply understood options, and valuable challenge units, this booklet may also help medical investigators comprehend a number of research strategies and key matters. it's written for complicated clinical scholars, medical investigators in any respect degrees, examine teams in the pharmaceutical undefined, regulators on the neighborhood, nation, and federal point, and biostatisticians.
This booklet is all in regards to the definition and discovering how one can prioritize and speed up translation study in biomedical sciences and swiftly turning new wisdom into first-in-human stories. It represents an attempt to compile scientists lively in a variety of components of translational study to proportion technology and, expectantly, generate new principles and capability collaborations.
This quantity of growth in mind learn is predicated at the lawsuits of a convention, "Using Eye hobbies as an Experimental Probe of mind Function," held on the Charing pass medical institution Campus of Imperial university London, united kingdom on fifth -6th December, 2007 to honor Professor Jean Büttner-Ennever. With 87 contributions from overseas specialists – either easy scientists and clinicians – the quantity presents many examples of ways eye activities can be utilized to deal with a vast diversity of analysis questions.
An intensive, useful reference at the social styles in the back of wellbeing and fitness results tools in Social Epidemiology offers scholars and execs with a complete reference for learning the social distribution and social determinants of wellbeing and fitness. protecting the speculation, versions, and techniques used to degree and learn those phenomena, this booklet serves as either an creation to the sector and a realistic handbook for information assortment and research.
- Monte Carlo Simulation for the Pharmaceutical Industry: Concepts, Algorithms, and Case Studies (Chapman & Hall/CRC Biostatistics Series)
- Team-Based Care for Heart Failure, An Issue of Heart Failure Clinics, E-Book (The Clinics: Internal Medicine)
- Adaptive Design Methods in Clinical Trials, Second Edition (Chapman & Hall/CRC Biostatistics Series)
- Child Protection and Disability: Methodological and practical challenges for research (Protecting Children and Young People)
- Current Topics in Occupational Epidemiology
Extra resources for Capturing Nursing History: A Guide to Historical Methods in Research