By Rolf G. Kuehni
The one-stop connection with the necessities of colour technology and technology—now absolutely up-to-date and revised
The absolutely up-to-date Third version of colour: An creation to perform and Principles keeps to supply a very finished, non-mathematical advent to paint technology, whole with old, philosophical, and art-related topics.
Geared to non-specialists and specialists alike, Color sincerely explains key technical recommendations bearing on mild, human imaginative and prescient, and colour notion phenomena. It covers colour order platforms extensive, examines colour replica applied sciences, and stories the heritage of colour technological know-how in addition to its dating to artwork and colour concord. Revised all through to mirror the most recent advancements within the box, the Third Edition:
- Features many new colour illustrations, now absolutely included into the text
- Offers new views on what colour is all approximately, diverging from traditional thinking
- Includes new info on conception phenomena, colour order, and technological advances
- Updates fabric on such subject matters because the CIE colorimetric process and optimum item colors
- Extends assurance of colour replica to show platforms, images, and colour management
- Contains a special timetable of colour in technology and artwork, plus a thesaurus of significant terms
Praise for the former editions:
"A great bridge to components often now not coated in educational visible technological know-how courses . . . outstanding."
—Joel Pokorny, visible scientist on the collage of Chicago
"A sturdy addition to any library, this could be invaluable for the colour pursuits of artists, designers, craftsmen, philosophers, psychologists, colour applied sciences, and scholars in comparable fields."