By Mike Diesel
This point II booklet begins with a evaluation of the Gerber conference, suggesting 1430 replies for consistency (and accordingly memorability). Then, we introduce swimsuit orientated Gerber to complement 4 Ace Gerber, and codify whilst a four membership bid is Gerber and whilst it isn't. subsequent, we overview the 4NT Quantitative Ask and clarify our exact replies. eventually, we exhibit slam-oriented responses to balanced openings Jacoby and Texas transfers, and Stayman and minor-suit Stayman.
This publication will first and foremost open with higher variety, as within the unfastened pattern. when you've got a wide pad, you could entry smaller variety on better pages via scrolling down in the course of the energetic nested desk of Contents to the reproduction booklet in smaller style. All web page references during this ebook are links. regrettably, the loose pattern has basically greater style and comprises neither the nested desk of contents nor any hyperlinks.
Our curriculum involves six degrees, in response to 1430 Roman Keycard Blackwood (RKB). the place there's a selection among a few theoretical absolute best outcome, and a marginally inferior, yet constant procedure, we consciously decide upon the extra constant, and as a result memorable, technique. components of our remedies that fluctuate from common specialist remedy are denoted in our books with daggers:
Here’s what distinguishes our RKB books from all different RKB books:
* Our bidding process is totally laid out in a chain of numbered principles, a replica of which every companion takes with them. as soon as the Partnership is familiar with the book’s principles, the remainder of e-book (which simply explains those principles and provides instance auctions) is not any longer wanted by way of the Partnership; all information and exceptions are within the rules!
* instead of introducing new principles for more challenging bidding eventualities, every one point builds at the principles from the former point, proposing complicated ideas which are supersets of the elemental ideas. The Partnership by no means un-learns whatever, or has to recollect conflicting principles!
* Our minor-suit RKB method, Otherwood™, has been performed effectively via either amateur and intermediate players.
* in the course of a minor-suit slam exploration, after we locate that 2 keycards (or 1 keycard and the trump queen) are within the arms of the competitors, our Otherwood ideas allow us to play, if we want, in 4NT (or at worse, 5NT) keeping off a matchpoint mishap.
* For consistency, and for this reason memorability, we use the very same Otherwood principles for major-suit slam exploration!