By David C. Harvey,Rhys Jones,Neil McInroy,Christine Milligan
* the old geographies of Celtic peoples
* devolution and politics in Celtic areas, corresponding to Wales and Scotland
* the commodification of Celticity within the tourism practices of Brittany and Ireland
* the position of diaspora within the improvement of Celtic identities, in either North the United States and within the west of Scotland
* the connection among Celticity and different types of modern culture.
Read Online or Download Celtic Geographies: Old Cultures, New Times (Critical Geographies) PDF
Best uk history books
Within the 11th and 12th centuries the Normans had a formative impression at the improvement of states and societies within the British Isles, southern Italy and the Levant. Their achievements nonetheless resonate powerfully this present day, and symbolize an important box of ancient research. yet how a long way did colonial elites outline themselves as Norman, and to what volume have been they categorised as such via others?
'Rozina Visram's very good e-book does for Asians what Peter Fryer completed for African Caribbeans in his groundbreaking booklet, endurance. 'Socialist Review'An remarkable advent to Asian legacy and historical past in Britian' Muslim NewsPraise for Rozina Visram’s prior pioneering examine, Ayahs, Lascars and Princes:'A full of life– and well timed– survey of British Indian heritage.
Britain’s peacekeeping position in Southeast Asia after global struggle II was once transparent adequate however the function of the Commonwealth within the area later grew to become shadowy. British involvement within the wars fought in Vietnam among 1946 and 1975 has been the topic of a few books—most of which specialize in the occasionally clandestine actions of politicians—and unsubstantiated claims approximately British help for the USA’ conflict attempt have won popularity.
Boy or girl Mortality and Working-Class baby Care, 1850-1899 unlocks the hidden historical past of working-class baby care throughout the moment 1/2 the 19th century, looking to problem these historians who've solid working-class ladies as feckless and maternally ignorant. through plotting the lives of northern girls when they grappled with commercial waged paintings within the manufacturing unit, in agriculture, in nail making, and in brick and salt works, this booklet unearths a special photo of northern childcare, one that issues to leading edge and enterprising baby care versions.
- Parenting and the State in Britain and Europe, c. 1870-1950: Raising the Nation
- Redefining William III: The Impact of the King-Stadholder in International Context (Politics and Culture in Europe, 1650–1750)
- Women, Gender and Religious Cultures in Britain, 1800–1940
- Scotland, the Caribbean and the Atlantic World, 1750-1820 (Studies in Imperialism MUP)
Additional info for Celtic Geographies: Old Cultures, New Times (Critical Geographies)