By Rolf G. Kuehni
The one-stop connection with the necessities of colour technology and technology—now absolutely up-to-date and revised
The absolutely up-to-date Third version of colour: An creation to perform and Principles keeps to supply a very finished, non-mathematical advent to paint technology, whole with old, philosophical, and art-related topics.
Geared to non-specialists and specialists alike, Color sincerely explains key technical recommendations bearing on mild, human imaginative and prescient, and colour notion phenomena. It covers colour order platforms extensive, examines colour replica applied sciences, and stories the heritage of colour technological know-how in addition to its dating to artwork and colour concord. Revised all through to mirror the most recent advancements within the box, the Third Edition:
- Features many new colour illustrations, now absolutely included into the text
- Offers new views on what colour is all approximately, diverging from traditional thinking
- Includes new info on conception phenomena, colour order, and technological advances
- Updates fabric on such subject matters because the CIE colorimetric process and optimum item colors
- Extends assurance of colour replica to show platforms, images, and colour management
- Contains a special timetable of colour in technology and artwork, plus a thesaurus of significant terms
Praise for the former editions:
"A great bridge to components often now not coated in educational visible technological know-how courses . . . outstanding."
—Joel Pokorny, visible scientist on the collage of Chicago
"A sturdy addition to any library, this could be invaluable for the colour pursuits of artists, designers, craftsmen, philosophers, psychologists, colour applied sciences, and scholars in comparable fields."
Read or Download Color: An Introduction to Practice and Principles PDF
Similar optical engineering books
Unconventional Optical Elements for Information Storage, Processing and Communications: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop, Tel Aviv, Israel, ... 1999 (Nato Science Partnership Subseries: 3)
The sphere of optics has been accelerating at an remarkable fee, due either to the large progress of the sphere of fiber-optic communications, and to the advance of optical fabrics and units. Throughput services of fiber platforms are accelerating swifter than Moore's legislations, the recognized development expense of silicon chip potential, which has propelled that relentlessly over a long time.
The global pattern towards lead-free elements and soldering is principally pressing within the ecu Union with the implementation strict new criteria in July 2006, and with pending implementation of legislation in China and California. This ebook presents a typical reference consultant for engineers who needs to meet the recent laws, together with a extensive selection of thoughts for lead-free soldering layout and manufacture, which in the past were scattered in difficult-to-find scholarly assets.
Stable country field-effect units akin to natural and inorganic-channel thin-film transistors (TFTs) were anticipated to advertise advances in reveal and sensor electronics. The operational stabilities of such TFTs are hence very important, strongly reckoning on the character and density of cost traps current on the channel/dielectric interface or within the thin-film channel itself.
Polarization is a vector nature of sunshine that performs an enormous position in optical technology and engineering. whereas current textbook remedies of sunshine imagine beams with spatially homogeneous polarization, there's an expanding curiosity in vectorial optical fields with spatially engineered states of polarization.
- Integrated Photonics
- Analysis and Simulation of Heterostructure Devices (Computational Microelectronics)
- Practical Opto-Electronics: An Illustrated Guide for the Laboratory (Springer Series in Optical Sciences)
- Raman Amplification in Fiber Optical Communication Systems (Optics and Photonics)
- Optical Characterization of Solids
Additional resources for Color: An Introduction to Practice and Principles