By Lisa Miller
'The content material of the ebook is excellent.... The power lies in its distinctive software of rules to perform. using the case fabric to demonstrate program is superb and works well.' - Helen Cosis-Brown, college of Middlesex
This new version of Counselling abilities for Social paintings argues that reliable counselling talents are on the middle of potent social paintings perform. development at the luck of the 1st variation, this center textbook brings a number of healing versions, with their theoretical underpinnings and talents, without delay right into a social paintings context. through how the underlying conception may be utilized to specialist perform, chapters establish the main talents which might be hired for the simplest social paintings intervention.
Key positive factors of the booklet include:
- a realistic skills-based approach;
- a spotlight on service-user reports and arange of case-studies drawn from various `real-life' settings;
- a brand new bankruptcy devoted to counselling younger people;
- bankruptcy content material is associated with the latest NOS and GSCC instructions structuring education and perform;
- end-of-chapter Reflective Questions and information for perform summarising the most important theoretical suggestions and their applications.
Written in a full of life and fascinating variety this up-to-date re-creation can be a useful textual content for undergraduate scholars in social paintings. it's going to even be worthy for certified practitioners to reinforce knowing of verbal exchange and the method of switch throughout the medium of counselling skills.
Read Online or Download Counselling Skills for Social Work PDF
Best poverty books
The controlled Healthcare coverage Industry--A marketplace Failure is ready America’s old healthcare hindrance. it's written for adults, college-age early life, educators, and healthcare professionals--both prone and executives--and for legislators, regulators and the general public who've matters in regards to the wellbeing and fitness of the united states healthcare method.
Within the Eighteen Eighties, social reform leaders warned that the "unworthy" bad have been taking charitable aid meant for the actually deserving. Armed with facts and pressured notions of evolution, those "scientific charity" reformers based companies rationale on restricting entry to reduction by means of the main morally, biologically, and economically undeserving.
Round 1. four billion humans almost immediately dwell in severe poverty, and but regardless of this big scale, the problem of world poverty had a comparatively low overseas profile until eventually the tip of the twentieth century. during this vital new paintings, Hulme charts the increase of worldwide poverty as a concern worldwide factor, and its next marginalisation as outdated topics edged it apart (trade coverage and peace-making in areas of geo-political value) and new concerns have been extra (terrorism, international weather swap and entry to common resources).
This ebook, first released in 1983, considers the complete challenge of the way social study may end up in development in perform in social coverage and social paintings. within the first part, person chapters speak about the political context during which examine is commissioned and used, via attention of the politics of comparative study and of the appliance of study findings to policy-making within the own social companies.
- Work over Welfare: The Inside Story of the 1996 Welfare Reform Law
- Disability and Child Sexual Abuse: Lessons from Survivors' Narratives for Effective Protection, Prevention and Treatment
- Evaluating the Welfare State: Social and Political Perspectives
- Advancing Youth Work: Current Trends, Critical Questions
Extra resources for Counselling Skills for Social Work