By Fiona Gardner
Read Online or Download Critical Spirituality: A Holistic Approach to Contemporary Practice PDF
Similar sociology books
First released in 2004. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
What's the nature of athletic functionality? This booklet bargains a solution to this interesting query by way of contemplating the connection among activity, expertise and the physique. particularly, it examines cultural resistance to the enhancement of athletes and explores the ways that functionality applied sciences complicate and confound our notion of the wearing physique.
At either a micro-information point and a macro-societal point, the ideas of “knowledge” and “wisdom” are complementary – in either judgements and in social buildings and institutions. on the choice point, wisdom is worried with how one can make a formal number of capacity, the place “best” is measured because the potency towards reaching an finish.
In today’s individualized, culturally diversified and globalized society, many sociologists have concluded that the conceptualizations constructed by means of classical sociology aren't any longer adequate to advertise social solidarity. So what sort of harmony can accomplish that? enticing with contemporary proposal in social and political conception and philosophy (including Honneth, Forst, Ricoeur, Bauman, Sennett, Taylor, Rawls, MacIntyre and plenty of others), this publication develops a renewed inspiration of team spirit in line with the inspiration of ‘recognition’ with reference to others.
- Rethinking State Politics in India: Regions within Regions
- Marxismo (Portuguese Edition)
- Housing Needs and Planning Policy: Problems of Housing Need & `Overspill' in England & Wales: Volume 5 (International Library of Sociology)
- Innovation in the Social Economy: Emerging Best Practice in Ireland and Wales
- Prison Worlds: An Ethnography of the Carceral Condition
- William Dilthey: Volume 22 (International Library of Sociology)
Additional resources for Critical Spirituality: A Holistic Approach to Contemporary Practice