By I.C. Jarvie
Read or Download HONG KONG: A SOCIETY IN TRANSITION: Volume 4 (International Library of Sociology) PDF
Similar sociology books
First released in 2004. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
What's the nature of athletic functionality? This e-book bargains a solution to this interesting query via contemplating the connection among activity, expertise and the physique. particularly, it examines cultural resistance to the enhancement of athletes and explores the ways that functionality applied sciences complicate and confound our perception of the carrying physique.
At either a micro-information point and a macro-societal point, the options of “knowledge” and “wisdom” are complementary – in either judgements and in social constructions and institutions. on the determination point, wisdom is worried with the way to make a formal collection of capability, the place “best” is measured because the potency towards attaining an finish.
In today’s individualized, culturally different and globalized society, many sociologists have concluded that the conceptualizations constructed via classical sociology aren't any longer adequate to advertise social unity. So what sort of team spirit can do so? attractive with fresh inspiration in social and political conception and philosophy (including Honneth, Forst, Ricoeur, Bauman, Sennett, Taylor, Rawls, MacIntyre and lots of others), this publication develops a renewed proposal of cohesion in line with the idea of ‘recognition’ with reference to others.
- Social Attitudes in Contemporary China (Routledge Contemporary China Series)
- Developing and Maintaining Police-Researcher Partnerships to Facilitate Research Use: A Comparative Analysis (SpringerBriefs in Criminology)
- George C. Homans: History, Theory, and Method
- Marginal Bodies, Trans Utopias (Routledge Advances in Critical Diversities)
- Documents of the Industrial Revolution 1750-1850: Select Economic and Social Documents for Sixth forms: Volume 2 (Economic History)
Additional resources for HONG KONG: A SOCIETY IN TRANSITION: Volume 4 (International Library of Sociology)