By Utkan Demirci,Ali Khademhosseini,Robert Langer,Jeffrey Blander
The box of microfluidics has within the final decade permeated many disciplines, from physics to biology and chemistry, and from bioengineering to scientific study. probably the most very important purposes of lab-on-a-chip units in medication and similar disciplines is illness diagnostics, which consists of steps from organic sample/analyte loading to garage, detection, and research. The chapters accrued during this e-book aspect contemporary advances in those approaches utilizing microfluidic units and structures. The experiences of transportable units for diagnostic reasons are inclined to evoke curiosity and lift new examine questions in interdisciplinary fields (e.g., effective MEMS/microfluidic engineering pushed via organic and clinical applications).
The number of the chosen issues (general relevance of microfluidics in clinical and bioengineering examine, fabrication, advances in on-chip pattern detection and research, and particular sickness versions) guarantees that every of them could be seen within the higher context of microfluidic-mediated diagnostics.
- A Microscale Bioinspired Cochlear-like Sensor (Robert D White, Robert Littrell, and Karl Grosh)
- Systematic review of the Efficiencies of Proteins and chemical compounds in Pharmaceutical functions (Morgan Hamon and Jong Wook Hong)
- Microfluidic Glucose Sensors (Jithesh V Veetil, Sruthi Ravindranathan, Sha Jin, and Kaiming Ye)
- Applications of Microfabrication and Microfluidic suggestions in Mesenchymal Stem mobilephone learn (Abhijit Majumder, Jyotsna Dhawan, Oren Levy, and Jeffrey M Karp)
- Patient-Specific Modeling of Low-Density Lipoprotein delivery in Coronary Arteries (Ufuk Olgac)
- Point-of-Care Microdevices for international future health Diagnostics of Infectious ailments (Sau Yin Chin, Tassaneewan Laksanasopin, Curtis D Chin, and Samuel okay Sia)
- Integrated Microfluidic pattern instruction for Chip-based Molecular Diagnostics (Jane Y Zhang, Qingqing Cao, Madhumita Mahalanabis, and Catherine Klapperich)
- Microfluidic units for mobile Proteomic reports (Yihong Zhan and Chang Lu)
- Microfluidics for Neuroscience: Novel instruments and destiny Implications (Vivian M Hernandez and P Hande Özdinler)
- Microfluidics: On-Chip systems as In Vitro disorder types (Shan Gao, Erkin Şeker, and Martin L Yarmush)
- Application of Microfluidics in Stem cellphone and Tissue Engineering (Sasha H Bakhru, Christopher Highley, and Stefan Zappe)
- Microfluidic “On-the-Fly” Fabrication of Microstructures for Biomedical purposes (Edward Kang, Sau Fung Wong, and Sang-Hoon Lee)
- Microfluidics as a Promising software towards disbursed Viral Detection (Elodie Sollier and Dino Di Carlo)
- Electrophoresis and Dielectrophoresis for Lab-on-a-Chip (LOC) Analyses (Yağmur Demircan, Gürkan Yilmaz, and Haluk Külah)
- Ultrasonic Embossing of Carbon Nanotubes for the Fabrication of Polymer Microfluidic Chips for DNA pattern Purification (Puttachat Khuntontong, Min Gong, and Zhiping Wang)
- Ferrofluidics (A Rezzan Kose and Hur Koser)
- Antibody-based Blood Bioparticle trap and Separation utilizing Microfluidics for international health and wellbeing (ZhengYuan Luo, ShuQi Wang, Utkan Demirci, TianJian Lu, Feng Xu, and BoFeng Bai)
- Applications of Quantum Dots for Fluorescence Imaging in Biomedical examine (ShuQi Wang, Matin Esfahani, Dusan Sarenac, Bettina Cheung, Aishwarya Vasudevan, Fatih Inci, and Utkan Demirci)
Readership: Engineers, educational researchers and teachers, and researchers enthusiastic about microfluidic technologies.
Read or Download Microfluidic Technologies for Human Health (The field of microfluidics has in the last decade permeated many disciplines, from physics to biology and chemistry, ... of microfluidic-mediated diagnostics.) PDF
Best cell biology books
Through combining the instruments of natural chemistry with these of actual biochemistry and telephone biology, Non-Natural Amino Acids goals to supply primary insights into how proteins paintings in the context of complicated organic platforms of biomedical curiosity. The significantly acclaimed laboratory average for forty years, tools in Enzymology is among the so much hugely revered courses within the box of biochemistry.
With the invitation to edit this quantity, i needed to take the chance to gather stories on diverse facets of circadian clocks and rhythms. even if so much c- tributions during this quantity concentrate on mammalian circadian clocks, the ancient int- duction and comparative clocks part illustrate the significance of assorted different organisms in decoding the mechanisms and rules of circadian biology.
The third variation, the 1st new one in ten years, contains insurance of molecular degrees of element coming up from the final decade's explosion of data at this point of organismic association. There are five new affiliate Editors and approximately 2/3 of the chapters have new authors. Chapters ready through go back authors are generally revised.
Whereas such a lot stem phone books concentrate on easy points and/or cellphone remedy, this ebook emphasizes the relevance of stem cells bought from sufferers, the so-called “patients in a petri dish” as instruments to enquire human genetic ailments for which there aren't any to be had potent therapy. Chapters embody numerous examples of using iPS cellphone expertise, a up to date Nobel Prize-winning medical step forward, to acquire patient-specific pluripotent cells from which many sorts of specialised cells considering a selected disorder should be generated, together with psychiatric and neurodegenerative issues, muscular dystrophies, laminopathies, between others.
- Calcium Signaling: 740 (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology)
- Adhesion of Cells, Viruses and Nanoparticles
- Molecular of Cloning of Recombinant Dna: Conference Proceedings (Miami winter symposia)
- Autophagy in Health and Disease
- Thiol Redox Transitions in Cell Signaling, Part A: Chemistry and Biochemistry of Low Molecular Weight and Protein Thiols: 473 (Methods in Enzymology)
Extra info for Microfluidic Technologies for Human Health (The field of microfluidics has in the last decade permeated many disciplines, from physics to biology and chemistry, ... of microfluidic-mediated diagnostics.)