By Konrad Lorenz
Read or Download On Aggression (Routledge Classics) PDF
Best sociology books
First released in 2004. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
What's the nature of athletic functionality? This booklet bargains a solution to this interesting query by way of contemplating the connection among recreation, know-how and the physique. in particular, it examines cultural resistance to the enhancement of athletes and explores the ways that functionality applied sciences complicate and confound our perception of the wearing physique.
At either a micro-information point and a macro-societal point, the strategies of “knowledge” and “wisdom” are complementary – in either judgements and in social constructions and institutions. on the determination point, wisdom is worried with how you can make a formal collection of potential, the place “best” is measured because the potency towards attaining an finish.
In today’s individualized, culturally diversified and globalized society, many sociologists have concluded that the conceptualizations built through classical sociology are not any longer adequate to advertise social harmony. So what sort of team spirit can do so? enticing with contemporary concept in social and political conception and philosophy (including Honneth, Forst, Ricoeur, Bauman, Sennett, Taylor, Rawls, MacIntyre and plenty of others), this booklet develops a renewed thought of unity in line with the inspiration of ‘recognition’ with reference to others.
- Arquitectura de Cine Teatros: Evolução e Registo [1927—1959] Equipamentos de cultura e lazer em Portugal no Estado Novo (Portuguese Edition)
- A Guide to Sociological Thinking
- Capitalism and Classical Social Theory, Second Edition
- Con Game: Bernard Madoff and His Victims
- Explorations in Classical Sociological Theory: Seeing the Social World
- Girls' Violence: Myths And Realities (Suny Series in Women, Crime, and Criminology)
Additional resources for On Aggression (Routledge Classics)