By Dario Azzellini,Immanuel Ness
From the dawning of the economic epoch, salary earners have prepared themselves into unions,
fought sour moves, and long past as far as to problem the very premises of the method through creating
institutions of democratic self-management geared toward controlling creation with out bosses. With
specific examples drawn from each nook of the globe and each interval of contemporary background, this
pathbreaking quantity comprehensively strains this usually underappreciated historic tradition.
Ripe with classes drawn from old and modern struggles for staff’ keep watch over, Ours to
Master and to possess is key examining for these suffering to create a brand new international from the ashes
of the old.
Immanuel Ness is professor of political technological know-how at Brooklyn university, urban college of recent York, and edits WorkingUSA.
Dario Azzellini is a author, documentary director, and political scientist at Johannes Kepler college in Linz.
Read Online or Download Ours to Master and to Own: Workers' Control from the Commune to the Present PDF
Best labour & industrial relations books
First released in 2001. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
First released in 1998. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
The writer argues that the nations that, on the finish of the 20 th century, have fiscal, social and ecological good fortune are usually not unleashed marketplace economies yet "active and studying societies" that try to resolve their difficulties through an organizational and governance-related pluralism.
Rising from the 2011 office Employment family learn, this new e-book presents the main authoritative and entire insurance and research of the nation of employment kin in Britain.
- Marginal Workers: How Legal Fault Lines Divide Workers and Leave Them without Protection (Citizenship and Migration in the Americas)
- Sex, Race, and Class-The Perspective of Winning (Common Notions)
- Organizing Women Workers in the Informal Economy: Beyond the Weapons of the Weak (Feminisms and Development)
- Worker Rights and Labor Standards in Asia’s Four New Tigers: A Comparative Perspective: A Comparitive Perspective
- Voice and Involvement at Work: Experience with Non-Union Representation (Routledge Research in Employment Relations)
Extra info for Ours to Master and to Own: Workers' Control from the Commune to the Present