Job description: The Business Programs Specialist communicates available energy-efficiency program options to commercial and industrial (C&I) members, determines eligibility, facilitates enrollment, and maintains relationships between the C&I and DREMC, as well as with the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).
Location: Shelbyville, TN
- Manages and coordinates the cooperative’s commercial and industrial energy-efficiency programs in compliance with applicable TVA rules and regulations.
- Coordinates capital investment credits, manufacturing credits, and deposit programs between TVA and members to ensure credits are applied appropriately and deadlines are met.
- Proactively identifies commercial and industrial members who could benefit from participation in energy programs and effectively communicates requirements and processes to interested members.
- Supports commercial and industrial members through their participation in the Comprehensive Services Program, ensures coordination between DREMC and TVA to provide valuable results for members, and invests all DREMC funds contributed to the program on an annual basis.
- Must work productively with DREMC members and District Managers, local economic development entities, chambers of commerce, and other local and state business associations.
- Facilitates discussions and the execution of agreements for commercial and industrial members interested in pursuing renewable options, such as solar energy.
- Supports District Managers as needed to ensure positive relationships are maintained with commercial and industrial members, including facilitating their awareness of program eligibility by attending meetings or reaching out to accounts proactively.
- Supports the Communications Manager with economic development activities, meetings, and research, including obtaining loans and grants through the USDA Rural Economic Development Loan and Grant (REDLG) program.
- Assists with the cooperative’s residential services programs including heat pump loans and solar.
- Assists with land acquisitions and divestitures for DREMC, while consulting with the engineering department, District Managers, the DREMC attorney, and real estate agents.
- Assists with required reporting to lenders, the USDA, TVA, and others as needed.
- Analyzes and confirms the accuracy of various daily, monthly, and yearly reports.
- Maintains an awareness of DREMC’s goals and vision.
- Others as assigned.
Education — Post-secondary degree from an accredited college/university in business, engineering, or applicable areas of study required.
Experience — Minimum of five (5) years of experience in one or more of the following electric utility-related roles is required: engineering, key accounts, or member service.
License, etc. – Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Tennessee Driver’s License. Must be eligible and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — An understanding of the electric utility industry preferred. Aptitude to gain an in-depth knowledge of the business program offerings is essential to success. Possesses excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to deal with a variety of internal and external contacts. Working knowledge of interval data, rates, and utility billing highly desired.
Reports to: Communications Manager
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits, including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. Send resume to email@example.com.
- Candidates must also complete and submit the DREMC Employment Application, and email the form here.
- Complete the Voluntary Self ID of Disability Form, Self Identify Protected Veteran, & Voluntary Self Identification Form found here and submit the form to self-ID@dremc.com.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V