Job description: The Information Technology (IT) Manager is responsible for ensuring the information and operational technology assets, security, cybersecurity, and other related IT support functions required to enable DREMC to effectively perform cooperative operations are provided and functional.
Location: Shelbyville, TN
- Oversee the purchase, installation, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all informational technology systems.
- Assist employees in understanding and using technology.
- Knowledgeable of current emerging technology and regulations that affect information technology, cybersecurity, and/or risk management-related topics and responsible for staying informed on changes related to those topics.
- Evaluate existing business technology resources and recommend new technologies or upgrades/enhancements to technologies to improve the cooperative’s performance.
- Administer and manage the cooperative network system, including troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Oversee the infrastructure for the internal business Land Mobile Radio communication system and related applications.
- Provide overall technology planning and support services, including assisting departments in defining business and user requirements.
- Ensure IT data security, risk management, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning processes and provide a regular review for currency and adequacy.
- Plan and evaluate new technology solutions in view of organizational goals and objectives.
- Implements, administrates and maintains core databases.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving payroll time, as needed.
- Studies and applies Duck River Electric Membership Corporation policies, procedures, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations.
- Conducts accurate and consistent employee performance evaluations while maintaining a productive and professional atmosphere by coaching, training, and motivating employees.
- Consistently models the Leadership Principles of Leadership Landmines, 8 Management Catastrophes and How to Avoid Them.
Education — Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in computer science, information technology (IT), management information systems (MIS), or related field required, but eight (8) years applicable experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Experience — Minimum of four (4) years of experience in computer science, IT, or MIS required. Supervisory experience is preferred. Experience in the electric utility industry preferred.
Certification/License, etc. — Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Tennessee Driver’s License. Must be eligible and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — Knowledge of current trends and developments in the information technology field. Knowledge of computer platforms, local area networks (LAN), web, cloud, and mobile-based systems. Ability to occasionally lift and carry 25-50 pounds. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, stoop, squat, push and/or pull. Possesses effective oral and written communications skills. Ability to prioritize, delegate and meet deadlines.
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits, including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
- Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates must also complete and submit the DREMC Employment Application, and email the form here.
- Complete the Voluntary Self ID of Disability Form, Self Identify Protected Veteran, & Voluntary Self Identification Form found here and submit the form to self-ID@dremc.com.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V