Job description: The System Services Representative/Trainee provides customer support for members opening accounts, accepting/ processing/posting payments, and answering member inquiries or complaints about bills, policies, and procedures.
Location: Shelbyville, TN (Headquarters)
- Consistently demonstrates a behavioral pattern that supports DREMC’s 11 Essential Attributes.
- Consistently demonstrates an intellectual curiosity that is controlled by sound business judgment in the best interests of the Duck River Electric Membership Corporation.
- Provides exceptional member service to answer inquiries and resolve complaints involving member accounts.
- Interacts with members to receive payments and discuss account balances. Processes credit card or e-check payments.
- Ensures accurate dispersal of funds to a member’s account.
- Answers the phone in a polite and professional manner.
- Efficient and accurate knowledge of member accounts including creating, updating, and closing of accounts.
- Studies and applies Duck River Electric Membership Corporation’s policies, procedures, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations, and rate schedules.
- Distributes incoming calls to other DREMC employees, as needed.
- Scans documentation to the image directory to support ongoing record archiving.
- Gains knowledge to create service orders such as connect, disconnect, reconnect, and other various types of service orders.
- Gains knowledge to dispatch service orders to field personnel using mobile devices.
- Understands and promotes member programs, use of mobile applications, payment programs, and other services.
- Assists in producing, reviewing, and completing a variety of reports associated with system operations.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and handle member inquires with sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy.
- Follows established procedures to maintain daily weekly and monthly reporting to districts/departments.
Education — A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience — Previous experience in utilities, accounting, banking, or other office-related businesses is preferred.
Certification/License, etc. — Certificates relevant to customer service and accounting are preferred. (e.g. TVPPA Certificate of Customer Service)
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — Aptitude to gain an in-depth knowledge of the customer service, accounting, and customer billing functions related to the electric utility business model. Possesses excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to deal with members. Familiar with standard technologies of a modern business including but not limited to personal computers, billing software, multifunction printers, email, MS Office Suite, or similar productivity software, etc.
REPORTS TO: System Operations Manager
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits, including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life, and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement, and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V